How to hire Ruby developers on a budget
If you’ve dreamed up a new project to develop, you’ve probably spent quite a bit of time considering which technology to use. Maybe you’ve even researched and read numerous articles, but still can’t determine which programming language will be right for your project. If so, you’ve likely considered Ruby as a viable option, but you might be wondering where to find and hire a Ruby on Rails programmer.
Well, you are in the right place. We carefully studied the modern technologies market and wrote a comprehensive guide on the benefits of using Ruby to meet your business goals. We’ll show you how to hire Ruby developers and why Ruby on Rails is the best choice if you want to build a dynamic, scalable, and flawless web project.
The advantages of using Ruby for your project
We will tell you how to hire professional Ruby developers, but first, let’s explore what Ruby can be used for, and why so many companies choose to use it for their projects.
Ruby is a dynamic, intelligent programming language that is ideal for quick, useful object-oriented programming. Ruby on Rails is a full-highlighted, multi-level infrastructure for building web applications.
Ruby was created over 20 years ago. Due to its adaptability and usability, Ruby on Rails became the first choice for web application designers throughout the world. Airbnb, GitHub, Shopify, and Twitter are all written in Ruby.
Let's take a look at the benefits of Ruby:
- Ruby guidelines are quite simple, which allows for quicker development of web applications than other programming languages.
- Ruby on Rails is a well-known server-side framework for agile web application development, that promotes the use of web standards and engineering best-practices. It is especially good for data-driven applications.
- Since Ruby is an open-source project, you don't have to pay to use the language.
- Ruby is excellent for startup development and has many libraries that assist in speeding up development.
- RoR supports the caching activity, and coding is clean and clear.
- Ruby developers implement tests and check the code, so there is no need for third-party testing tools.
Skills you should look for when you hire a Ruby on Rails programmer
You’ve probably already determined that you will need to hire a senior RoR developer to get the best results, as they will likely be more professional, reliable, competent, and knowledgeable. However, there are not a lot of senior Ruby on Rails developers for hire. So, even if you can find one that is available, their expected salary may be well beyond your budget.
You should also be aware that the project will involve much more than just writing code. It can not be completed single-handedly. In addition to the senior developer, you will need a mid-level Ruby on Rails developer, and possibly even a junior Ruby programmer, as well. You will also need an experienced team manager who will establish effective project management processes. In short, you’ll need an entire team to develop your project, if you want to see fast, flawless, cost-effective results.
When you hire RoR developers, you should make sure that they have these skills:
- Experience with SQL and database knowledge
- Experience with agile workflows and Git
- Experience with RESTful API design and GraphQL
- Profound understanding of Object Oriented/modular programming
- Knowledge of TDD, SOLID and DDD architectures
- Knowledge of testing principles
- Hands-on development with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCE, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Data engineering experience
- CI/CD knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and collaboration experience
- Passion for learning new things
Which is better: freelance, in-house, or outsourced Ruby developers?
Now that you know how expensive and challenging it can be to hire an in-house team of Ruby developers, you may be considering hiring an RoR freelancer. However, you should keep in mind that you will need more than just one Ruby programmer if you want results. You could, of course, hire multiple freelancers. But, it would be nearly impossible for separate freelancers located around the world to function as a team and achieve viable, timely results.
At this point, you’re probably wondering “well, where can I hire Ruby developers then?” Your best option is to hire outsourced Ruby developers. When you hire a Ruby development agency, you’ll be partnering with a team of experts who are focused on helping you achieve your project goals.
If you are looking to hire an RoR development agency, we can help. Evrone is a premier software design and development company. We design and develop award-winning digital products and critical business IT solutions for enterprise clients and startups. We can help you scale your business and expand to new markets.
When you choose to partner with us and entrust us with your project, you’ll get:
- Access to the collective expertise of our company, so any technical challenges or tasks can be solved quickly and effectively.
- A CTO who will ensure efficient workflow and technical organization and cultivate a productive development environment.
- A team of highly-qualified specialists who undergo continuous education to constantly improve their skills.
- Guaranteed quality control with our internal code quality control metrics and services.
- A full team of professionals, without the additional overhead, taxes, and expenses that come with hiring an in-house team.
How is the project engagement process organized?
We use the Agile development model. Once a week, we get in touch to demonstrate what has been done, discuss plans, and determine the next tasks. You’ll have control over the goals for the project, and each iteration will undergo changes to better meet your vision. If necessary, we can hold additional meetings to solve specific issues or address concerns.
How does the Ruby developer hiring process work?
We strive to support our clients with the best Ruby developers. We provide entrepreneurs and tech-leaders with state-of-the-art technology, to help them meet their business goals and stand out in the complex world of IT. When we bring on new team members, we make sure that they will be able to solve challenging technical issues and create viable solutions from seemingly impossible ideas.
When you need to hire Ruby on Rails developers, we’ll start by determining the scope of your project. The hiring process will vary, depending on your needs. We will make sure that your Ruby team is comprised of the right specialists and experts to achieve your project goals.
Evrone’s business model
Evrone delivers exceptional products through an efficient, in-house team of designers and engineers. We do extensive market research to ensure that our digital products are not only visually appealing, but also perform exceptionally well in their markets.
In addition to internal product development, we also augment in-house development teams. We are a leader in Ruby on Rails development, so we use that expertise to satisfy the Ruby needs of other companies, by supplementing their existing teams.
How much does it cost to hire a Ruby developer?
We’ve already mentioned that senior Ruby developers typically have high salary expectations. As with everything in life, you get what you pay for. However, compared to hiring an in-house team, hiring a Ruby agency is much more budget-friendly. Our proven product development capabilities also provide additional, unmatched value. In addition to Evrone’s Ruby expertise, you’ll also have access to our department of design, where our team does product research and applies a world-class design approach and brand identity.
When you partner with our ROR development agency, your project will be supported by the expertise of our entire company. If any issues arise, we have experts in niche areas and technologies that can give advice and help solve complex challenges. So we can deliver optimal results that exceed your project expectations.